- To discover if dinosaurs can be compared to modern animals.
- To discover how dinosaurs can be compared to modern animals.
- To discover what extinction is.
- Make cards of different dinosaurs and modern animals that are similar.
- Have students try and match up the dinosaurs with similar modern animals.
- Discuss what extinction is and how the dinosaurs became extinct.
- Read the theories on how scientists believe dinosaurs became extinct out of the Weekly Reader.
- Have students do a creative writing assignment on how they think the dinosaurs became extinct.
- Have students share their ideas.